Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week Seven

Hello! I'm a little mad because this is the second time I am writing this since my browser shutdown...grr! Anyway! I was wondering what RSS feeds were and the related orange symbol. I checked it out briefly a few months ago and had no interest. After watching the videos, I understand how someone who is connected to many blogs and sites which feed new information would find this to be useful but I just don't need this. I have a small number of sites which I check multiple times a day because I like to. It's what I use the Internet for... to waist time! HA! I know for some they need to get information quickly and so do I. That is why I have a personalized google home page where my twitter (stalking famous people/entertainment info.) and Facebook feeds are quickly accessible. I also have my frequently visited sites on my browser and on the new delicious account. I think that I am updated enough when I need to be.
Yes, I think that teachers can find this to be helpful when connecting to students blogs and current events related to subjects taught. Great for them and if someone can find a reason I would really need it, then I would love to hear all about it. I just don't think right now it is good for me. I am happy I know what it is all about though.
P.S. I love the delicious account! I was on a different computer the other day and got to access it! Fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on your RSS write up. I also like to check my favorite sites multiple times a day. I agree it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed reading about checking favorite site. I find that I tend to use RSS for sites I SHOULD read rather than those that I want to read. Although there are a couple that are unlu updated once in awhile and they slip my ,ind every once in awhile. The RSS makes sure that I don't miss it when it comes out. That being said, not every tool is right for every person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you on RSS feeds. It's way more information than I need to know. I will just go to my regualer sites when I want to. I don't need one more application to check!

    ReplyDelete